Sunday, October 18, 2015

All of the Lights

I should have gone to bed last night. But, I was inspired to paint and so that's what I did. I painted and I listened to the television and this is what I came up with:


I was so happy with how it turned out. It's not perfect, I mean the stem in the center is a little odd, but I love the painting. I need to add some green leaves, but I don't know how. I'll figure it out. 

Anyway, I was up til past midnight when I finally decided that I needed to get some shut eye and I tossed and turned as is my custom and one the reasons I stay up late anyway. And about 3am, I heard this faint alarm going off. I thought it was one of my neighbors, but it didn't shut off so I got up to look out the window. Nothing was going on in the back, so I went to look out the front window and nothing was going on, so I opened the front door and there was smoked filled in the hallway and the fire alarms were screaming. OMG....Where was the fire?

I walked down stairs to where the alarm was and looked underneath the doors of the two apartments below and there was no smoke coming from underneath, so I was a little befuddled. I went back upstairs and got back into bed. But, 10 minutes later the alarm was still going. I wasn't going to get any sleep this way, so I kept looking out the window and going to the front to see if there was anything going on. I saw a car that was parked in the back drive down the street in the front and stop in front of the building. Someone got out and came into the building, then went back out. 

Was this my downstairs neighbor? I think it was. I then looked out the back window and saw my across the hall neighbor in his car in the back. Then the lights....

I got back into bed. The fire department could take care of this. 

Next thing I know, I close my eyes and there is banging and my door bell is ringing. WHAT??
I go down and the firemen are trying to get in. I open the door for them and they yell at me to clear the building. WHAT? I have my robe on and socks...no keys so I could get into my car and warm up. UGH!!! WHAT??

The rest of my neighbors file out of the building as they go through to figure out where the smoke is coming from. Everyone is out and all apartments are checked except #2, They bang on the door and the doorbell is ringing. Another fireman goes around to the side of the building. I tell the fireman that I think he left. Someone yells, there is smoke coming from the window. The fireman gets his crowbar or whatever it is and pries the door open. Out walks my downstairs neighbor. WHAT??

He was in there the whole time.....WITH ALL THAT SMOKE!!

Then here comes a fireman with a big pot that is smoking. OMG!!!

He was burning something on the stove.  Why didn't he fan the smoke? Did he fall asleep? Why didn't he come out with everyone else? DAG!!

One of the firemen told us we could go back in while they clear his apartment of the smoke so that the alarm could stop sounding. I went back in and tried to get into bed, but all the lights. My brain was going and I couldn't wind down. I kept watching outside to see them leave. Then the alarm stopped and my apartment stunk of smoke and I tried to sleep but the smell of smoke kept me up. I knew I was going to be late for church....


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...