Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Don't Mess With My Money

I just got paid today...and I was shocked!!! My check was short. Daaaannnnggggggg....

I looked up my paystub to find that there was an IW offset of $560. WHAT IS THAT????? I emailed my boss because I know the state of Illinois is going through some issues, but what does that mean--IW offset?? So I googled and as always (most of the time) google has answered my questions.

Because I am a state of Illinois employee, any money that I owe to a state agency can be deducted from my paycheck. Case in point--summer tuition. I took a summer class at the U of I (stupid economics) and the tuition was about $1300 and I hate bills like that so I hadn't set up a payment plan and I was paying it off, but I guess not fast enough, so that state just took the last of the money that was owed--$560.

Man, I had plans for that money. But, I'm happy it's paid off. Now I can sigh up for class in the spring and I can set up a payment plan so that this doesn't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...