Thursday, October 22, 2015

The POWER Of The Mind

I've always been skeptical when I hear the stories of women who were pregnant for 9 months and they had no idea. I mean, I've been pregnant and any woman can tell you that when you are pregnant, you change...not only that, you feel the baby on the inside moving. So how can someone go 9 months and feel nothing at all.

THE POWER OF THE MIND!!

They are convinced in their mind that there is nothing different in their life.

But, I was skeptical until I listened to a story on This American Life about a women who would swallow objects. She was about 11 years old and she was having trouble and was sent away to a mental institution. Inside she was placed in a small room with only a mattress. For some reason there was a nail in the room and when she saw it, she hid it and the first thing that came to her mind was "swallow it." And so she did and from there, she just had compulsive obsessions to swallow objects--forks, knives, nails, pencils, pens and even a radio antennae that caused her to be put into a coma so that doctors could figure out how to get it out because it lodged in her brain when she sneezed while swallowing it. This woman had had so many surgeries and medical procedures from swallowing objects and it all based upon what she though--WHAT HER MIND TOLD HER!! She thought that if she didn't swallow the objects, she would die or her mother would die.

It wasn't until she was 22 that she was finally able to get the help she needed.

As I finished listening the Holy Spirit was just letting me know that the mind is so POWERFUL!! I've heard often that as the mind goes, so does the body....So, this is why I MUST renew my mind in Christ. I can no longer think in bondage to my past. When I accepted Christ I became a new CREATION, but my mind must be renewed EVERYDAY so that I can live a healthy, Godly life!!

I thank God for helping me!!

Then I started thinking about my heart because the Bible says that we must guard our heart and our heart deals with our emotions. We can think one thing, but feel one thing. R. Kelly used to say, "my mind is telling me no, but my body is telling me yes..." Our mind can say one thing and our body and our heart can say something else and we need to know which one to follow. When we accept Christ, we follow our spirit and we only do that when we are renewed in the spirit of our mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...