Monday, August 6, 2012

Exploding Eggs & Bologna Cravings

I've been watching what I eat since I've been learning all I can about hormonal issues. Everything that I've read tells me to eliminate or lower the consumption of harmfully processed food.  So far I've been doing well with that. Of course on occassion I will eat some cookies, potatoe chips, but for the most part 75% of my diet is not harmfully processed.  I LOVE fruits and veggies, baked chicken, baked fish, oatmeal, boiled eggs, etc.

But, all last week I was craving bologna and bread. So, I went to Kroger and got a pack of turkey bologna and some cheese. I left the bologna and cheese out on Friday so that it was room temperature and I almost at the whole pack this weekend.  UGH!!  That was way too much bologna to eat at one time, but I ate it and it was good. I surely notice a different when I go to the bathroom. LOL. Then, this morning I got up to get ready for work. I wanted some boiled eggs for breakfast, but I forgot to put them on in time. So, I grabbed them off the stove half done and figured I'd finish cooking them at work.  I had it all planned in my head--fill a bowl with water, put the eggs in the water and put them in the microwave.  This is what I did and fifteen minutes later, I took the eggs out, ran cold water over them and began to crack and peel and just as I was peeling .... BOOF....egg exploded ALL OVER THE PLACE.  There was egg in my hair, down my arms, on the wall, on the trash can, EVERYWHERE!! My hands was burned from holding the egg when it exploded and I was frantically trying to get everything cleaned up before someone came into the staff lounge. It was funny, but embarrassing at the same time. I wish I had pictures.  How was I supposed to know you couldn't boil an egg in the microwave in the shell??

I found out that steam builds up in the shell so that's why it explodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...