Thursday, August 2, 2012

Test Results

I'm so tired!!

I've been having a hard time resting at night. I can't sleep!!

Normally, I don't sleept while watching TV, but if I don't have some show on hulu on, my brain just goes and goes and goes and I toss and turn all night.  I even experience anxiety while I'm trying to sleep. It's horrible.

I say all that because I got my test results from my thyroid test. The doctor ran 4 test:

TSH--normal
T4--normal
TPI--normal (I think it's called TPI)
TPO--HIGH, HIGH, HIGH

The normal range for TPO is 0-34. My levels were 263. 

Despite this the doctor said I was fine. WHAT?????

So, I began my research again and found that TPO test for an autoimmune disease--Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. Symptoms include fatigue and insomnia. Why did the doctor say I was fine?  Well, I've been finding that when the disorder is autoimmune it deals alot with how your immune system affects your body, so that means that the immune system needs to be improved and some the causes of a compromised immune system include improper diet, lack of sleep, chronic stress....Once you change your lifestyle to eat properly, get enough sleep and eliminate chronic stress then the immune system can be improved which can lower the autoimmune disorder.  So, doctors don't prescribe medication.  However, this particular autoimmune disease can cause hypothyroidism which causes all the symptoms--fatigue, weight gain, infertility etc. 

All of this information made me even more frustrated....UGH!!  How is it that doctors have the ability to make you more sick?

So, I decided to make an appt with my GP to show her the results to see if I can do something about this insomnia.  I can't go on like this. Last year my GP did prescribe a low dosage of hormone and that helped me a LOT....so I'm gonna see if she can do that again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...