Friday, May 27, 2011

Today I Prayed

I haven't prayed for the job at the university. At first it was because I didn't think I would get it. I mean, I've applied for so many jobs and have even had interviews, but the rejection letters kept coming. Another reason I didn't pray for it was because I was weighing the decision because I really want to work with the non-profit, but I didn't know how I would be able to do that and work a full-time job. Then, I wasn't thinking about the fact that my unemployment was running out. So, for the past few days I've been thinking about my passion and my boss at the non-profit asked me where my hear was concerning the organization. I emailed her and let her know that I still want to work and help build the organization. But, as I was realizing that my unemployment would be running out, I had the revelation that I would need to get a full-time job. So, why not work at the university? I would have time to work on the non-profit work and I would be working in an area that I was passionate about. So, this morning I prayed. I prayed and asked God if He could bless me with the favor to get the job. Today about 2:40 I got a phone call, but because I was working I wasn't able to answer it. I just got off and checked my voice mail. It was the Director from Millikin. She was wanting to know if I had another reference from when I worked at the community college. I quickly called the college and called my good friend there to ask her if she could be a reference for me. She agreed. I then emailed and called the Director back with the information. That excited me because she would not be asking me for another refernce if she didn't want me. Thank God!!! So, we'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...