Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New Sofa

I've been searching and searching for an affordable new sofa. I finally decided that I was gonna get this one for $397 at the furniture warehouse.


This sofa was $549 at the other furniture store. So I was grateful for my find.

On last Monday, I pulled into the parking lot of the warehouse store and immediately noticed the liquidation signs. I got excited. They were going out of business. My $400 couch was probably gonna be cheaper. I walked in the door, looked at the price and GASP!!! It was $597. WHAT??? WHAT???

I asked the sales person what happened. He gave me some line about how it was on sale at first, but now it wasn't. WHAT? This is a warehouse and I've been looking at this sofa for a month and now it's $597 with a 10% off sale sign on it. I asked him what he meant about it being on sale then? I asked him why was it 10% if that wasn't a sale. It was a crazy conversation and I asked the guy what I could do to get it for the price it was a week ago. He said he couldn't do anything. WHAT??

So I left.

I was a little discouraged and headed to Walmart. Right across the street from Walmart was a grand opening for Slumberland. I decided to check it out. I didn't know if they sold anything besides mattresses, but I was gonna see. I walked in, was greeted and told the salesman my problem. He explained to me how that works with liquidations. He was really nice. After walking around the showroom floor, I didn't see anything I liked, so I was headed for the door when I saw this:


This sofa is similar, but it's a sectional. And the price was amazing. Retail it was like $1400, but because of the grand opening it was $699. I sat, pondered, and sat some more--trying to picture a sectional sofa in my living room. The salesman came over to chat and I told him that this was a wonderful buy. He began to tell me about financing. I wasn't interested in that. Then he told me that they have layaway and I could put $50 down and there was no penalty for cancelling the order. WHAT? I was piqued now. After a few minutes, I was sold. It also made sense because I was gonna spend about $400 for a sofa, and a little over $600 for two accent chairs. Now, if I get the sectional, I only need one accent chair, and I"m gonna spend about the same amount of money!! THANK GOD. So, this past week I put $300 down on it and I have about $500 left (tax and delivery). I need to manage my money so that I can get it in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...