Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm Exhausted

I spent a good amount of time last night preparing for my interview today. I think I got home after mid-night and it took me forever to get to sleep. It was after 1am the last time I looked at the time. The alarm started going off at 4:45am. I finally got up at 5:39am to head to prayer. After prayer, I needed to finish my presentation for the interview, "Promoting Persistence and Success Among Underrepresented Students." It wasn't as simple as it seemed because in this case "Persistence" means retention and "Success" means graduation.

I got home from the church at 7:30 and hurriedly dressed in my suit and tied my hair back with a headband. Thank God for braids. I ran to my car and rushed to the campus. I got to the coffee house at 7:47am. From there it was one meeting after the next starting with the Director of the program followed by the President of the university and then the VP. I also met with the Dean of Student Development who has often talked to me during my homeless days sitting on the couch watching TV, pretending to be a college student doing work.

I have never in my life had a full day interview before, but apparantly this is how it goes in higher education. I just go finished and its now 6:60pm. I'm poooped. I'm going to get Jimmy Johns and go home to sleep. Well, after I put up the signs for out meeting tomorrow, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...