Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Patiently waiting by the phone

I haven't heard anything from my job prospect at the university. All of my references have been check. I do know that they have to do a background check on me. Maybe that's the hold up. I've had several people ask me about it and I'm not gonna worry. I'm learning that God is in control, so I need to allow Him to be in control. When I've decided to make my own decisions, I've found that I screwed up. So, instead of being anxiously waiting, I'm patiently waiting. I was told by the admin asst that the person would not start work until July 1 and that is quite some time away, so I'm gonna to be patient. Does it unnerve me sometimes? Yes, but there is nothing I can do about it, so I talk to myself and tell myself to be patient. God knows. He knows!!! And I am grateful that He has never left me, nor forsaken me.

I got a call from my old job--the one that is responsible for my unemployment. They want me to work for a law firm for the next 2-4 weeks. It pays $10 and hour and it is data entry, which is much better than opening envelopes for $8.25 and hour. Since my unemployment will be running out in the next couple of weeks, I'm gonna take it. If I can work there for the month of June and then get the job at the university, that will be wonderful. Of course if I don't get the job at the university, I won't be mad, but that would be a wonderful plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...