Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Reference Checks

I got an email from my friend, Sadie (not her real name), who is one of my references for the Asst. Director position. She let me know that they contacted her for a reference. So, I contacted my other two references and one of them let me know that they have been contacted also. WOW. I'm not sure what to think. I want to be excited, but I'm so unsure. The interview was exhausting--all day long answering questions, from different people and groups of people. Also, doing a presentation. It seems like the position is right for me. The only thing that I don't like about the position is the campus environment. I don't have a problem with social justice, I also don't have a problem with inclusion, but I don't agree with accepting homosexual lifestyles. It's not that I don't like a person who is homosexual, I love everyone, I just don't agree with the sin. Just like I don't agree with the sin of doing drugs, lying or stealing. It's not the person, it's the sin and even though I can work with students who are homosexual, I don't think I want to be forced to accept that lifestyle and the campus is so open and accepting. Other campus' that I have been on does not openly promote that lifestyle, but this university does. Which is kind of weird for a presbyterian university. When I was there, there was an article in the student paper, front page, about the drug use, abuse, and selling on campus. WHAT?? Individuals openly (under the guise of fake names) told of their stories using and dealing drugs on campus. WOW!! I'm sure that ruffled some feathers, but everyone was so cavalier about it.

I was told by the admin asst that the position wouldn't start until July. My unemployment runs out in about 3 weeks (I think), so that means I have to budget. Hmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...