Sunday, May 8, 2011

Breathe Again

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers!!!1


I traveled to E. St. Louis on Friday. My brother called me to ask if I could help him find a job. So, I took the day off to go job hunting with him. I got to E. St. around 3pm and we went from one fast food place to the next. We prayed and I told my brother to pray. After completing the applications, I took him and my niece to play laser tag. It was fun!!! Then we went to the mall. Macy's had an awesome clearance sale--they always do. I got my niece a pair of jeans and two shirts and my brother a t-shirt and a jacket. I also got my mom a rubber plant for Mother's Day. I came back home broke, but happy. I was supposed to bring Steph back some fried rice, but I ran out of money.

Gas is $4.19 here. Ugh!!! I'm not sure when my unemployment runs out, but I think it's soon. I might have about 5 weeks left.

I was apprehensive about applying for the Asst Director job at the university. I've already applied for 2 other jobs there and they've sent me rejection letters for both. But, oh well. I'm not gonna worry. I also applied for an academic advisor position at another university that is close to E. St. Louis. I'm not gonna leave town, but I have to be applying for work according to my unemployment rules.

My LINK card will be cut off soon. I tried not to use it, but I think I spent about $300 that I will have to pay back. I turned in my updated income to them on Thursday. That's a bill I do not want to see. I tried to reason with God about the LINK card. I prayed and told God that I did what I was told--I called to report my income change. I called three times, but they still gave me money on the card. I needed that money. But, I know I wasn't supposed to use it. So, I was asking God if he could work a miracle and allow them to forgive me for spending that money and not send me a bill to pay it back. I did include a letter with my updated income that explained that I call who I was supposed to call. Hopefully they will have mercy on me.

I've gotten a renewed vision of myself. God's grace is sufficient for me II Corinthians 12:9. I was so down on myself about mistakes that I've made in the past that I was holding on to my past. My spiritual mom told me that I was, but I didn't understand. Now I do. Now that I know, I can let my past go and truly walk in God's forgiveness--forgetting those things behind, I can press toward that mark. Phil 4.

I feel like I can breathe again, I can dream again....Thank GOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...