Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Anytime You Need a Friend....

I'm in Rockford, IL. I have a training to do on tomorrow, but I came up a day early hoping to spend time with my family. But, it appears that my family doesn't want to see me at all. And there is nothing I can do about it.

Backstory,

I didn't grow up with my biological father. But for a year I prayed to meet him and God answered my prayers. I met him when I was about 19. I was at a carnival on Jefferson Barracks. My aunt had asked me to help her chaperone with her children's school field trip and I was home from college during the summer. I went and as I was walking around this man came up to me, "Do you know who I am?" he asked. I told him that I didn't and he told me that he was my father.....

I was speechless...

God had answered my prayers, but now what?

At that time I had been searching for a father figure. My step-dad was an alcoholic and he had issues that kept him from being that dad we needed. So I prayed to God hoping that my biological father would be better and we would have this magical relationship. It didn't happen that way.

I met his two children and his wife and from there I met my grandmother.

When I visited my grandmother she was happy to see me. I brought her pictures of my and my sister. We had a good time together (even though she smoked like a chimney). Over time we lost touch. But, I never forgot about them.

The years after we lost touch I would google and facebook the names of my family and I found my brother on FB. He didn't remember me, but after he confirmed it with his sister, we connected.

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...