Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Relax in the Grace Zone

Expectations are defined as, "a strong belief that something will happen or be the case in the future."

I set goals in my life with the expectation that I'm going to meet them.  I do what I need to do in order to meet those goals. Some goals I am too lazy to meet and when that is the case, I do what I can to get motivated to meet that goal. I have expectations...

But, what happens when the expectations are so high that I can't meet them? Or what happens when I keep failing at what is expected of me? That's when I get into a funk? I get frustrated because my potential is being interrupted.

Expectations are tied to potential...

Potential is defined as, "latent qualities or abilities that may be developed and lead to future success or usefulness."

When a person has the potential, but doesn't meet the expectations that can be frustrating. So, what does God say, "My GRACE is sufficient...."

Grace is defined as, "the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.

Sometimes we have the potential for something, but we don't fulfill the expectation (that anticipation) and it causes frustrated. So when those times come I need to rest in God's grace until I can get the strength and align myself back up to fulfill that potential.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...