Tuesday, January 12, 2016

You NEVER Marry Down....

You always marry up....those were the words spoken by the wisest man that I personally know!

He was encouraging us in the faith and talking about how everything that we are going through in life is by choice....where we are today is because of a choice we made yesterday, etc. Then he made this bold statement, "You never marry down, you always marry up!" That bore witness in my spirit because I have been making myself available and I've been meeting various guys who are interested in me.

One guy who keeps calling and messaging me on FB is "down." I mean, when we went out to eat, I had to pick him up. And then when we went to pay for the bill, he didn't know to put his money in the black bill fold that they give you. He took the receipt out and just gave the bill fold back to the waitress and he was holding his money in his hand. The waitress took the bill fold and went away to settle the bill and she came back awkwardly because there was no money in it. Then when he paid, she brought the bill fold back with his change in it. He didn't know what to do. He joked with her and when he realized that the money was in the bill fold, he told her jokingly, "when I hand you my money, that's what I want you to do, hand it back to me so I can see it...." He said it jokingly, but he was serious. You can tell he didn't understand the bill fold. And I just questioned within myself if he had ever been to a "sit-down" restaurant where they have bill folds? I mean....

Anyway, after that we hadn't spoken and it's not just because of that situation, but because he has some other things going on in his life. I gathered that he living with roommates and that he was trying to get some things together in his life.

Another guy I met stood me up trice...not twice, but THREE times. DAAAANNNGGGGGGG....... 

Then there is Mister. He and I had a long text convo about God and it ended with me telling him that his relationship with the devil is synonymous with his daughter's relationship with her abusive bf. The devil has his mind so twisted and perverted to the truth that he can't see the trees for the forest. Just like his daughter can't believe that her bf really doesn't love her because abuse isn't love.....

As I was praying at church tonight I just kept hearing God tell me that I'm valuable.

WOW!!!!!

The other day as I was texting Mister I sent him three pics of engagement rings that I like--$5000, $3000, and $2500. I told him the one that I really liked and then I asked him if he though that was too expensive. He didn't say yes or no, but he did say that they could cost more. LOL.

I said all that to say that, yes, I could settle for something cheaper, there are rings that cost only a few hundred bucks, but am I worth more than that? I mean, I'm not 20-something anymore and really, the $5K ring I could buy myself, so if I could buy it myself, then I expect that my man can buy it for me.

Sometimes I struggle with those types of thoughts because I don't want to seem materialistic and I don't want to be haughty, but when God says that He has cattle on a thousand hills and what He has he can give to me, as a child of God, then, why settle for a ring that's only worth a few hundred.

And the thing is I'm valuable enough by God, so why can't I be valuable enough to a man?

There are people who live in mansions who don't love God.

Why can't I?

There are people who can afford to wipe their behinds with Benjamins....

Why can't I have Benjamins to buy a Mercedes?

I'M JUST SAYING......

So, I'm not looking down anymore!! Jesus is the lifter of my head!!!! LOVE HAS LIFTED ME!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...