Tuesday, May 13, 2014

God Speaks

I must admit. I don't know when God speaks to me.

The Bible says that in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy path.  So when I acknowledge God, I feel that I'm led by Him, but there are times when God actually speaks.

But, then there are times when He simply leads and guides.

I was sitting on the sofa yesterday finishing up my paper and I just had a thought. It was raining outside and it just came to me...the electricity goes out and it's dark while I'm sitting here and someone breaks in.  I immediately dismissed the thought because it was silly.

But, as I sat, I heard a pop and looked up and one of the lights blew out.

I just sat and I told God that I have no idea how He speaks or when He is speaking to me.....

God, I want to do your will, but I NEED to know when you speak. I've been told that God is always speaking. I know He speaks through His word, but I never know when I'm just sitting if He's speaking or if I'm just imagining things.

My sheep hear my voice...and they follow me. --John 10:27.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...