Sunday, June 3, 2012

This is a Test

To be continued from here...

For some reason that last quasi-serious relationships I've been in have involved men who were mentally/emotionally unstable.  About a month ago, I met "Robert."  You can read about him here and here.

Well, I've come to realize that this is a test and I can't fail this test!!  I just can't fail!! If I fail, then I'm gonna have to take this test over and I'm determined to pass this test. As much as I want companionship right now and I want to be married and to be intimate with someone, this is not the time.  He is not the guy....

Rewind....

Robert is coming to town. After talking to him on the phone on Saturday night and then talking to him in the afternoon he asked me about the job market here in town. Actually that morning I had thought about him getting a job here in town because I thought he could get a job in his field here, but I wasn't gonna mention that to him and we were in agreement, so he asked me if he could come here today. So, I'm helping him out by letting him come here, but he's not staying with me. I'm gonna get him a hotel room because I don't feel comfortable with him in my apt.

But anyway, as I was thinking about him....we have great conversation on the phone and I'm sure we will have a good time hanging out, but he's not the one for me. I believe I've supposed to help him by bringing Christ and the word of God into his life, but I KNOW I'm not supposed to date him.  I KNOW THAT!!  I'm not even interested in dating him, so since I know that and I know that in the past, I've met these type of guys who have gotten me tied up into mess I'm gonna keep my distance. I'm gonna keep my professionalism (not get so comfortable with him). I CAN'T!!  Getting "involved" with him is NOT the purpose. I have to KEEP the purpose. If I don't I will be right back where I was and I'm determined to move FORWARD!!

I refuse to be trapped in the past....

THANK GOD FOR FAITH, SELF-CONTROL, and DISCIPLINE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...