Friday, June 8, 2012

Stepped Right In

My friend Robert came to town on Sunday evening.  He called me in despair and hopeless, stating that he was contemplating suicide. He then asked me if he could come here to look for a job. I agreed, but that was before I realized that I didn't have a lot of money left over from my bills. We weren't sure how long he would be staying and after he got here, I prayed to God that he wouldn't stay longer than a day and God stepped right in. As I was going to pay for another day at the hotel he told me that he could go home.

Whew....

I thought I was gonna have to borrow some money to keep him here. I didn't want to stress him out more by telling him that I couldn't help him, especially since the purpose for him coming here was for me to help him. So, in the nick of time, God helped!!  THANK YOU, LORD!!

He's now back in Chicago. But, on the way to take him to the train station, I asked him if he needed anything and he asked if I had a few dollars. Without thinking I told him that the only money I had was for gas to get back home. However, on the way I remembered that I had money on my prepaid visa card that I could use for gas, so I gave him that cash I had which was about $11. He was happy because now he didn't have to walk all the way home from downtown Chicago!!  THANK GOD!!

I haven't heard from him, but I'm keeping him in my prayers. There was a seed of love from God planting while he was here and I pray that the seed grows!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...