Friday, June 8, 2012

The Journey Up: Money Management

I've been trying to work on my budget. I'd get a budget going, but not follow it. So, I enlisted help! There is a program through my job that helps with budgeting and money management. I found out that without paying my student loan I have about $390 of discretionary money. So, I want to use that money to pay my debts that are in collections which includes about $4500. I also want to use more money to pay off my car, so I'm I have to figure out if I'm gonna pay off my car first or my debts. If I pay off my car, I will be in good standing with my bank, then I can look at paying off my debts. Since my debts are in collections, I can work out a deal with them to not pay the entire thing since they didn't "buy" it for that amount. But, I do want to pay most of it!!  Especially before they decide to come after me and sue me!!  I really don't want that to happen.  So, I'm gonna make a poster to keep track of every penny.  Also, the debt counselor told me how to use the "envelop system". Basically, I can use it for stuff like fast food, or snacks...stuff that's not bills. And I can say that I want to spend $20 a month on fast food and snacks.  I put $20 in the envelop and once it's gone for the month, it's gone!!  No more snacks or fast food.  I think I wanna start small with just that and see how it goes.

Here's to the journey UP!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...