Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I've got a home phone

Well, actually I have home phone service.  I signed up last week.  I was just debating whether to get a new cell phone plan or get a home phone as a back up for my cell phone since Tracfone seems to eat up a LOT of my money.  I'm spending well over $80 a month burning through tracfone cards and there are some times when I don't wanna answer the phone because I have so few minutes.  So to help alleviate this, I have a home phone that cost $25 a month and that includes long distance.  So, hopefully I won't be using my Tracfone as much!!  If I can only use it for about $30 a month, that would be ideal. 

When I signed up for phone service, I also signed up for AT&T internet, but I because I didn't give them my social security number I have to pay $100 for the equipment--modem and router.  They are running a special that I get a rebate on the equipment.  The internet service is around $15 a month.  I desperately need internet service at home.  I would be able to So have will be paying that on Thursday when I get my first full check.  I CAN"T WAIT!!

I also signed up for term life insurance to the tune of $16 per month and I'm putting an extra $100 a month into a 457 plan to rebuild my retirement savings.  I had about $30,000 in retirement that I spent during the past years.  UGH!!!  If I want to retire when I get older I HAVE GOT SAVE MORE!  So that's what I'm gonna do.  Hopefully, later on in the year, I would be able to up it to $150 a month that is taken out, but now I need to focus on paying my OLD BILLS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...