Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm a Gardener

Well, not yet, but I'm on my way.

I'm doing a teaching garden with a local school as a part of my job.  The school is excited, but the problem is we only have about 4 weeks until school is out and my job wants to host a grand opening for a plant day with a lot of media and hoopla.  So that means we have to have stuff to plant and I mean, not just seeds...we need seedlings.  Well, all of the seedlings that I've read about takes at least 4 weeks, so I started some at home....I'm not sure if I'm doing this right.  I know everything I read says that I need a halogen light, but I can't find mine, so I just used a regular lamp....I hope the seeds grow and are able to be planted BEFORE school lets out on May 24.....

 I got these pellet trays from out DIGG coordinator.  Walmart donated them and it holds 72 plants.  I plant 24 each of parsley, cilantro, and basil...I've got other herbs too.  Then I have tons of other veggies.... This is gonna be soooo FUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...