Tuesday, January 31, 2012

230 Big Ones

Well,  I was gonna get my hair done and a french mani pedi, but I don't think I can afford it.

My brakes began screeching and grinding on last Monday and I didn't have the money to get them fixed and I still needed to go to work and other places, so I drove.  Carefully, but I still drove.  The noise was aweful!!! The grinding was like nails on a chalk board.  So, what was I supposed to do?????

I knew I was gonna get paid on today, so I waited until today to go to the shop to get them looked at.  However, when I got there the service guy (who was a former student of mine) said he couldn't fit me into his schedule until Friday and maybe he could squeeze me in on Thursday.  I asked him to give me a rough estimate.  He quoted $250-$280.  WHAT????  Since when did brakes cost so much??!!!!

I mean, I know I needed to get my rotors done also, but that was only gonna cost about $100.  Brakes shouldn't cost more than $50-$60.

NOPE, that's not what he said.

The brake pads were gonna cost at least $35 each ($70) and the rotors was gonna cost at least $50 each ($100) and then I needed to pay for labor which totaled over $50.  WOW!!!

So of course I looked on the internet to see if the cost were different and I'm not sure why I need ceramic brake pads anyway.  Why can't I just use the regular kind?  My car is a 2004, I don't want to have it too much longer, so why am I buying these expensive parts?  The regular parts will do just fine.  DAG!!!

Now, I need to find a new mechanic.  I don't want to, but I can't afford to pay that much.  I was thinking about paying around $150 and no more.  UGH!!!!

I don't want to find some jack leg mechanic that works under the tree out front that is half drunk while he's working.  I want to find quality work, and I know it will cost, but ITS BRAKES.  How hard can that be??  Jack the car, take the wheel of and change it.  It's not like you have to go under the hood.

I wonder if the technical academy students can do if for me for a cheaper price.  I'm living on a budget!!!!!

I know, I know....

I was gonna use some of my money to get my nails and hair done, but that was only gonna cost me $12 for my hair and maybe $30 for a mani pedi?!

Anyway, while I was leaving the auto shop, I came to a stop, heard a pop and something metal dropped to the ground.  I was afraid because I was on an incline and my car seemed like it didn't want to stop.  So I said a prayer and it took me some time to ease out into traffic because I didn't know if my brakes were gonna give out of me or what.  So I got of my car and looked and sure enough my brake bad was on the ground.

How did that happen???  OH GOD!!!!!

Now I really need to get my brakes done.

We have a technical academy where students are learning how to work on cars.  I'm gonna call them to see if they can help a sister out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...