Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Healing is the Children's Bread

At the first of the year at my church, we fast for 21 days.  When we fast, we don't simply go without food, we limit what we eat until 7pm and then we eat baked fish (chicken for those who are allergic) and steamed veggies, brown rice, etc.  We also deny ourselves of television and anything that is unnecessary.

So, I've been fasting and on last week, I was sitting on the sofa reading.  This was right before 7pm, so I had food in the oven baking...

All of a sudden I was experiencing shortness of breath.  It was like my lungs couldn't get enough air, my throat felt like it was being blocked and I started scratching my neck and I stood up to put my hands over my head to get more air into my lungs.  It was like I was having some type of attack.  I've never had asthma, but in the past I've had allergies, but this was different.  This was a sudden onset of an attack.  I grabbed my blessed oil, said a little prayer and told God that I didn't have any money to go to the emergency room.

A short time later (maybe 10 minutes) the attack was over.  God answered my prayers!!!

It's little miracles like that that makes me want to live for Christ!!  So, I thank God for the miracle of healing!!!  I thank God that He loves me enough to show me kindness by healing me from that attack!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...