Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sometimes I feel like a fatherless child...

On Monday at prayer our Apostle challenged us.  He said to pray for someone and after praying for that person contact them to speak the mind, will, purpose, and plan of God in his/her life.  

I called everyone in my family with the exception of my dad.  When I called my brother he called me back about 15 minutes later.  

We talked for almost an hour and during our conversation we talked about our dad.  My brother told me how hurt he was for dad to leave and not come back.  Then to show up ten years later with an apology.  My brother was so hurt and bitter that he said he couldn't forgive him.  I told him how God healed me and how he needed for forgive him--not that it would be easy, but he NEEDED to find a way to forgive.  He told me that he heard me and that he would think about it.  I pray that he does.  I've met so many people who have been consumed with unforgiveness--even myself and how that unforgiveness can cause such turmoil and torment in a person's life.  

Coach is riddled with unforgiveness.  He's riddled with hurt from the painful childhood.  I don't want to be sucked into that pain.  I don't want my brother to be consumed by pain.  I don't want it to ruin his life by causing bad decisions.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...