Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Busy Bee

The last two weeks have been thoroughly busy. The NP that I volunteer with was awarded a 60K grant to hire 20 young people ages 16-19 to host a summer camp. We've been supervising these young people and it is exhausting. We haven't started the summer camp, we've simply been training them to run a summer camp so we've done First Aid training, sexual harassment training, and we will be doing a training on bullying and cyber bullying and conservation. The workers will be teaching the children about conservation along with doing fun summer camp stuff such arts and crafts, swimming, etc.

I haven't heard anything about the job that I've applied for, but there is another job teaching Adult education classes part time. I would love that job because it would get me back into the classroom. The only problem is it's part-time and there are no benefits. Hmmmm.

I filled out my unemployment certification. I'm not sure when my unemployment runs out, but I am out of money and I have an overdrawn check. Bummer. I've got my Link card with $155 and I'm gonna use part of that money to buy snacks for the summer camp, because we need snacks for the children and that will be my donation since I can't help buy supplies.

In other news....

I'm applying for a dual major at at the University of Illinois--MSW/Ph.d program. Priority applications are due December 1. I've got to have 20 credit hours of social/behavioral sciences to apply. I also have to be working or volunteering in a position doing something with social work. Thus, the need to work in the other position as a Case Manager.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...