Saturday, July 23, 2011

Heaven is for Real

I ordered the book, "Heaven is for Real" at the library about 3 or 4 months ago. I just picked it up two days ago and I was blown away by the story. I've always known that heaven is real and I've been a believer in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, but this book put me face to face with the "theory" of my spiritual beliefs. It also introduced a picture of what Jesus actually looks like....

In the book, Colton, the little boy that went to heaven and was sitting on Jesus's lap describes the beauty and awesomeness of the colors and how Jesus's eyes are "pretty." His parents were very interested in a description of Jesus so throughout the years as they would come across a picture of Jesus, they'd ask their son about it and to no avail, he'd tell them that wasn't it, until one day they came across a picture painted by a girl named, Akiane.

Akiane is said to be a child prodigy who has been painting since age 4. She painted a portrait of who she calls, "The Prince of Peace," which is a picture of Jesus. When Todd Burpo, Colton's dad, saw the picture and how the girl described how "pretty" his eyes were, he asked his son about it and Colton stopped in his tracks and shook his head "yes."

The picture that Akiane painted was what Jesus looked like as he sat on his lap in heaven.

Two small children, one at age 4 and the other at age 8, who have never met have confirmed what Jesus looks like.


I was in awe! Look at his eyes!!

It wasn't just the picture that captured me, it was the stories about his grandfather who died 30 years before he was born and his sister who was miscarried that he had never met, that captivated me and gave me a clearer picture. I have a different perspective of Jesus and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...