Saturday, July 9, 2011

I Need a Good Book to Read

I haven't read a good book since Evanovich's book #16. I can't help it, she writes so well that I haven't found anything the measures up to her work. I'm also a big fan of Dickey, but I'm not in the mood to read about sex. So, I need to find a a new writer to entertain me.

I skimmed through Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover because when I get more settled, I want to become DEBT FREE!!!

But, I need something to entertain myself. I used to love reading, but nothing seems to interest me. I'll start a book, but quickly become bored.

For some reason I have old text books and lately I've been skimming through an American History book. It's so interesting learning about our history. Of course these are books that I had from high school and college, so I don't know why I don't remember learning this stuff, but it's been interesting to me. What is more interesting is what they don't teach in the textbooks about how America was founded. You know the nursery rhyme "In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue..." It tells a nice story of how Columbus "discovered America," but we don't often hear real story about the theft of the land. So, I've been reading about what our children are taught and it's interesting.

But, I need something else to "tickle my fancy." I"m gonna explore the New York bestseller list to see what I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...