Friday, December 16, 2016

I Was Arrested

I met this guy....I'll call him GG because he works for the government. I met him on POF. We chatted then started texting. We finally made plans to meet today. He lives about 2 hours away near the air forms base so we made plans to meet half way in Efingham to go to Indy. He's been having a cultural shock coming to Illinois. He's originally from Baltimore and he's worked at the Pentagona and the White House after his military duties were completed. Now he works on the Base here in Illinois. I was gonna show him a good time. He texted me at 8am and we were sposed to meet at 8:30. I made it to the Wal-Mart and sat....and sat....and sat....He didn't show up. I texted and called and called and called.

I started praying and praying and praying. My mind was thinking the worst. I had an appointment in Indy for 1, but I needed to change it to 4 because I was so late leaving. On the way he called me around 2pm.

"Where are you?" He asked. "WHERE ARE YOU?" I asked trying not to scream. "You won't believe this...I was arrested."

OMG!!!!!!

Basically, right after he texted me he got pulled over by the police. He was speeding. They ran his plates. And nothing happened. Then...another police showed up. Then another.

He said he got scared.....

A black man getting stopped by a police officer can turn fatal quickly.

Finally, all three got out of their vehicles and stood behind his car. He said he had his hands in clear sight and he didn't want to make any sudden moves. He saw me calling him, but didn't want to answer his phone because he didn' t want them to think he had a gun.

Then, one office went to the driver's side, one went to the passengers side, and one stayed in the back. He said he was SO SCARED. The officer told him that he was driving a stolen vehicle. He gave them his license that showed him that he was registered tot he vehicle. They were confused and so was he. They asked him to get out the car. He complied. They put him in the back seat of the squad car while they searched his vehicle. He even had his briefcase with him that had the title of the car. They ran everything, but didn't know why the car was nationally registered as stolen. They told him that they were going to have to arrest him.

He got to the police station and he said they treated him nicely, but he was so confused. They impounded his car and would not give him his phone. He finally got to make a phone call and the only number he knew was his job. So he called someone at work to come get him. He was able to get his car out of impound and they told him he needed to go to court.

He finally called me around 2pm and he told me the story which was SO CONFUSING. I didn't understand at all.

When we got off the phone he called MDPD to get answers.

He called me back about an hour later,.,,This is what happened....

In August he reported a license plate on his pickup truck as stolen because someone had stolen the front plate. Somehow the paperwork got entered in the computer as a stolen vehicle and since he has two vehicles registered to him, they got confused and listed both vehicles as stolen. So they were on a national registry as being stolen. And because it was in the system they had to arrest him. They didn't know what was going on and he didn't know what to tell them.

So, now here I was in Indy by myself just baffled. This was the second date with a guy that was cancelled due to uncontrollable circumstances.....

Am I not supposed to be dating in this season???

It's Christmas and I don't want to be alone. God HELP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...