Friday, December 26, 2014

Hustle Man

I was a little sad a couple days ago, but instead of blog about my dire situation I simply declared that I would have a GREAT Christmas and God is good because I had just that--this was the best Christmas I've had in years.

Initially I thought I was going to be broke. I had about $50 in the bank and my plan was to go out of town to see my sis in Ohio, but that wasn't enough money to do that so I was content to be at home--alone.

Imagine my surprise when I went to work on Tuesday morning and I went to the bank to deposit my petty cash check and there was over $2000 in the bank.

WE GOT PAID EARLY!!

Instead of getting paid on the 26th, we got paid on the 23rd.

I called my brother and my plan was to go home to see my mom and clean her house for Christmas, but he brought up Ohio, so that was the plan. I booked and train ticket, finished work and off I went.

I love taking the train--its cheap, roomy and I can sit and relax. Whenever I take the train home I usually take the metro link to my mom's and they pick me up from there. This time was no different. I got off the train, headed for the metro link which is right outside the train station and I proceeded to buy my ticked. I pushed the button and nothing.

There was a group of boys hanging out by the ticket machines. One called over to me, "Hey, I got a ticket for $2." That was .50 less than buying one from the machine. "Is it validated?" I asked as he was walking towards me. He showed me the ticket which as not a ticket at all--it was a transfer that can be used as a ticket. I looked at it and he was pointing out that I could use it all day. Then I looked at the date IN RED LETTERS, "December 11, 2014."

I looked at him and said, "It says December 11. Today is NOT the 11th." He just looked at me. I asked him if he needed $2 because he was trying to hustle me. He say he did. I told him I'd give him $2 and I did.

I left him and walked past security. I have no idea what they were securing, but after that I started praying. I comtemplated telling them, but I didn't want any of the boys to follow me onto the train, so I didnt' say anything.

I made it home and stayed the night at my moms and headed to Ohio on Christmas Eve where we stopped in Indy to have a late dinner with Mister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...