Sunday, June 2, 2013

Oh, The Thorns

Have you ever been pricked by a thorn?

My grandmother had a rose bush and as beautiful as the roses were, the thorns were hideous. I was pricked a few times....and it is HORRIBLE. Almost as bad as a paper cut.

The Bible talks about Paul and his thorn in the flesh. OMG, thorns HURT, so how did he have this constant pain nagging and nagging at him? How do you live like that. I've never had just chronic ongoing pain, but I've heard of people living with dull pain or pain from arthritis, but pain from a thorn....Oh God!!!!

I've had my personal "thorn in the flesh" and I will say that it's not nice. I HATE it. It's like I can't get rid of it, no matter what.

Paul said he prayed and prayed that God take it away....but He didn't. I've prayed and prayed because I don't want this thorn to kill me. Can a person die of chronic pain?  I don't know, but I don't want this "thorn" to kill me.

The problem is that I've had it since I was little. It's actually sort of become a part of me. I don't think about it much, but only when it's a problem for me spiritually. Otherwise, I just live with it, but it's horrible because it does affect me spiritually. And that's the reason why I want to get rid of it.....

I NEED it to leave me be, so that I can be in peace and live a holy, Godly lifestyle....

Oh, the thorns....

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...