Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Oh My Hormones.....

I'm learning so much about hormones, I should become a nutritionist.  Why a nutritionist?  Well because your hormones regulate so much in your body and when some of those hormones screw up it can affect the metabolic reactions in your body which can lead to all types of problems such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, etc.

The specific hormones I'm talking about include insulin and thyroid hormones.....

I'm finding out that Insulin Resistance, PCOS, and Thyroid disorders are all quite similar and can be managed with nutrition and diet therapy--specifically lowering the intake of carbohydrates.

So, I am embarking on a lower carbohydrates diet.  My goal is to not eat more than 150 grams of carbohydrates in a day (excluding special occasions).

I'm also gonna work on lowering my intake of wheat and gluten products.  I'm learning that wheat has been know to increase blood sugar which increases insulin and if my body is insulin resistant, then I don't need to increase the insulin, I need to lower it.

WOW, my brain is on overload. What am I gonna do?  What am I gonna eat?

I have to change my thinking about food. I wish I had my own house, I would really start growing my own food because at least I would know what's in in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...