Thursday, October 18, 2012

Correspondence from Inmate

.....So in my waiting, I've been praying to get married.  Not something that I've done before, but while praying, I've been expecting it to happen.

But, imagine my surprise when I get a letter from a man in prison.

YES...Graham Correctional Center in Hillsboro, IL.

He said that he saw me on the news and decided he wanted to write me a letter.  HUH???  WHAT????  Who does that??  I guess inmates do.  I wonder how many news anchorpeople have gotten letters from inmates.  Of course he sent the letter to my job because the news story was about a program I was doing for my job. WOW.  I had to take a breath.

I simply wrote Mr. Jenkins a letter back. This is what it said:

Dear Mr. Jenkins,

I just received a letter from you.  I will say that I was quite SURPRISED!! I’ve never received such a letter before.


Currently, I am involved and not interested in meeting anyone new.


I pray that you remain strong as you finish your time. Make sure that when you leave, you connect yourself with a good Bible based ministry that can help lead and guide you to rebuild you life.


At this time, I am not interested in any additional correspondence from you, but I will keep you in my prayers.

Sincerely,


I put it in the mail. Hopefully he gets it soon and gets the picture. I AM NOT INTERESTED. I included his letter and envelop in with my letter. I should have copied it first.....

So, I am not desperate to get married. I'm just gonna wait and wait and if nothing happens by the end of the year, I will still be waiting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...