Thursday, October 18, 2012

Desperation

des·per·a·tion (d s p-r sh n) n. 1. The condition of being desperate. 2. Recklessness arising from despair.
--thefreedictionary.com

I've been desperate a time or two in my life and in my desperation I've made some rash decisions that led to even more despair.

Sometimes when you wait and wait and wait and wait and wait some more, you can find yourself getting desperate. Which is NOT GOOD!!

I just read an article on Yahoo News about two brothers who won 5 million dollars on a scratch off ticket in 2006.  They  waited 5 years to cash it in.... WHY???  Because they wanted to make plans. They were patient and for 5 years they planned their lives. One man was getting married and wanted to make sure that the money would not change his relationship with his fiancee, so he didn't tell her.  They both waited and waited and waited.  The article stated that they cashed the ticket in 11 days before it was to expire.  WOW!!

I'm in a period of waiting right now and I DON"T want to get desperate.  Desperate people do desperate things which often end up being the wrong thing to do.

I'm waiting to get out of debt, I'm waiting to move to a better place, I'm waiting to make more money, I'm waiting for a husband.....I'm in a holding pattern and I'm waiting, but I don't want to panic and get desperate.

I'm reminded of Saul in 1 Samuel 13. Saul was told by Samuel to wait 7 days and he would come to offer the burnt offering. The 7th day came and Samuel didn't show up.  So Saul took it upon himself to offer the sacrifice.  Right after he offered it, Samuel came and rebuked him.  That started the descent of Saul as king. He was not patient. Yes, the 7 days were up, but not over. Samuel gave him explicit instructions to wait. Just wait. Saul became desperate when he saw the people began to desert him. I'm sure the people were mumbling and groaning and maybe even being unruly, but his instructions were simple. Wait. 

Desperation made him do what he wasn't supposed to do!! 

I don't want to make that mistake.

Especially when it comes to marriage!!

I've been thinking about marriage lately.  A LOT!!  And I even prayed that God send me the right man. I even set a date (not officially) for when I want to be married. So, I'm expecting to meet someone soon, but I don't want it to be the WRONG someone.

So, I will wait....I don't care what man comes to me, if he is not right, I'm not going to get impatient and desperate.

I got a letter in the mail at my job.....AT MY JOB from a man in prison.  YES, here I am expecting to meet someone new and this man writes me a letter out the blue. He explained that he saw me on the news and saw where I worked and decided to write me....

WHAT!!!!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...