Wednesday, October 10, 2012

10 Years Ago

Time surely flies.....

I've been going through some boxes of old paperwork, books, mementos, etc. that I had been hoarding.  It feels good to purge and get rid of old stuff.  However, while going through all my old stuff, I came across a file of old check stubs from 10 years ago...I started to get a little melancholy reminiscencing about my life over the last 10 years.......

I'm not gonna dwell on it or anything, but I made a lot of mistakes over the past 10 years.  I know, I know....that's what life is about....you live, you learn. But, some people don't learn and they find themselves back at the starting line.....Well, I'm not going back there, I'm going up, not around!!

Ten years ago, I was 25 and was hired to work at a community college. A year later I dated a guy who I was not supposed to date. I went through a pregnancy and a break up that was enough to make me lose it, but by the grace of God I made it through.  From there, I shuffled from man to man.....looking for love and finding EMPTINESS.  At the end of the 10 year cycle before my 35th birthday, I learned that I can't find love until I first KNOW love!!  And I began to learn what LOVE is all about.

God is LOVE!!

And over this past year, He has been showing me over and over again His love and it's AMAZING!!

Sometimes it's just the little things....

Like the other day, I needed some body wash.  I had nothing to shower with and I didn't want to spend a lot of money and I prayed and went to the store.  Sure enough I found body wash on sale.  I know to some that may be silly, but to me, that's God showing me His LOVE!!

And I'm grateful.

So, this next 10 years.....as I begin again.....I'm gonna learn not to fall for the same traps that captured me and held me hostage mentally and emotionally.  This time, I'm going up!!!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...