Tuesday, January 3, 2017

My List

I was eating lunch with some friends and one of them mentioned something simple and I got a little emotional. She said that I should have a list for the man that I want. I know that there is always this discussion about women who have "list," but it makes sense. I create a daily list when I have to run errands and a grocery list so I won't forget something. Without a list I'm wasting my time because I ALWAYS forget something and have to go back out again.

I got emotional because being single is exhausting and I should be enjoying my singleness. I mean I here people talk all the time about how they can't just go where they want, when they want. They talk about marriage like it's bondage and I don't think it has to be that way. So as they were talking I got a little emotional because this is another year without a man. I guess being single is exhausting because I have to live out this life alone. Yes, I know that Jesus is what me, but to really share my life with someone is something I desire and I have spend __ years now without that true love.

My other friend said, "Don't throw away the list and stick to it."

So I decided to make a list. I am taking a hiatus on dating because I just don't feel like it and I've got 4 guys who are interested in me and I don't think ANY of them are for me....

I'll talk about them later.

1. Man of prayer
2. Man of the Word & loves the house of God
3. Hard worker
4. Can lift me (or at least help me up when I fall)
5. Wants to be debt free and has a plan (if he's not already debt free)
6. Doesn't want to just move me from my family because he doesn't have family here
7. Is not a neat freak, but is not nasty either
8. LOVES me unconditionally
9. Wants to see me successful
10.Wants children
11.Is not selfish (in bed)


 Simple....

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...