Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Willing To Walk Away

Walking away is hard....

When I went on my first date with Mister in 2003, I knew that he was not the guy for me. I was sitting in Steak-n-Shake and we were talking. I think I said something like, 'I love God," and he replied. I believe in God, but it's Jesus that I have a problem with. At that moment my only thought was to get up and leave.

But, I didn't have the courage.

Courage is something that I NEED in my life.

One thing that I can say that molestation and sexual abuse has caused me is this inferiority and cowardice. No one likes a coward. No one likes to be labeled a coward, but I deal with that often. I have had a hard time standing up for myself and standing up for what is right. I didn't walk away and it caused hell in my life. There were quite a few times in my life when I needed the fortitude to stand and I crumbled and I suffered immensely.

Well, courage is staring me in the face now.

I made an offer of $48,500 on the house that I want and I had a contractor come look at it with me. He said that was a good offer and that I shouldn't go any higher. He then encouraged me and told me that everything that I want to do in the house will cost about $5000. That is exciting!!

So, I'm going to use my courage and stick to my offer and I'm going to walk away if she doesn't want to accept it.

Thank God for the fortitude!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...