Sunday, November 13, 2016

My BODY

The light bulb turned on today as I was in services. My Apostle said, "out bodies are a shack before Christ, but with Christ it becomes a cathedral," and when I heard this it made sense.

I have been struggling with my body for a long time!! 

I was molested at age 3 and that led to incest up until I was in the 4 grade. I had no idea or rather, I had no concept of what sex was, but I was doing it and my body felt good doing it. I also had no concept that it was wrong until we were caught. As I got to be a teenager, I discovered masturbation and again didn't understand how it affected my body. This led to a promiscuous lifestyle for a long time which led to me having a hard time controlling my body.

As I decided to give my life over to Christ I felt an enormous weight of guilt because Christ came to make me free, but I was a slave to what my body wanted to do. How can I be free and a slave at the same time. There was a great incongruence and this causes me great anxiety. I would pray and pray and pray to God and I would tell God that I wanted my body to bring him glory. 

The Bible tells us that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Ghost. But, because of my sexual sin I couldn't keep my temple clean. Unlawful sex keeps the temple dirty. And I was so guilt ridden. But, I would just pray and stand on the word of God and fall and pray and fall and pray and fall and pray again. 

But, the thing about is this...I kept getting up!! A righteous mans falls 7 times....

So, this is encouragement!!

As the year is coming to a close I was fretting because this was a year of BREAKTHROUGH for me, but my breakthrough in the spirit had not come...

The old saints used to say we have to wait on our change to come. My change had not come until today!!

As the man of God was teaching on the Holy Ghost, I began to understand who God is and how He has given me the Holy Ghost to help me and this spirit of God lives on the inside of me--my temple--God's temple. I know, I know, I know....I read the scripture over and over about how when we participate in unlawful sex, we sin against our bodies. But the revelation is this....my body is not my own. God gave it to me to live on this earth. So, since I accepted Christ then I belong to Him. I'm just a steward over this body. I have to treat it like a temple. I can't treat it like a shack.

WOW!!

Now as the year is coming to a close, I feel like I have my strength to FINISH STRONG and to walk in my newness!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...