Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Speak To Me, PLEASE!!

I am on a journey....I've NEVER been here before and I have no experience on this road. I have no idea what I'm going to encounter and I have no idea if I'll make it.

That can cause anxiety and fear. But, I'm not going to fear. We've been learning about the Holy Spirit at church and on Tuesday night, the man of God talked about fear and anxiety.

I will not fear!!

But, I am concerned. NOT worried, just concerned.

I'm buying a house. Yep, I applied to two banks and to Quicken Loans and I've been pre-approved. My landlord told me two weeks ago that she's selling her share of the business so she will not be my landlord anymore and she told me that the owners would probably want me to sign a new lease. I DO NOT want to do that. So, I started the home buying experience by applying for a loan.

My bank pre approved me, but said that I would need about $8000 at closing. I applied at another bank that does a first time home buyer program that loans up to $5000 for a down payment. I don't qualify because of my income. So I applied to Quicken Loans and they said I would need about 3% as a down payment. They didn't say anything else about closing cost. But, I know that is needed.

So I went to see two houses....I didn't LOVE either, but I could see myself in both. But, one house needs some cosmetic work. Nothing big...new carpets, paint on the walls, updated cabinetry in the kitchen, etc. The other house is move in ready. Both houses were list around the same price $57,000.

I will be getting an inspection to determine if there is anything wrong.

I made an offer $48,500 on the house that needs cosmetic.

My lender doesn't want me to go with Quicken Loans. I'm gonna be bold and ask why not. So, I'm not going to go with my bank because I dont' have $8000. But, I do have $2700 and I get paid on the 28th. In my contract it says that I need a good faith amoung of $500. I have that.

The bank hasn't did the final approval yet because they didn't have my paperwork, but I sent what I could today.

So my overall concern is how much money I need. I was told that I can't use mattress money. LOL unless I can explain where the money came from. My bank wants $8000 that I don't have, so it looks like I'm going with the other bank if they can get me a lower cash amount. I can do about $4000 total.

Father, I need help with this....

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...