Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Joseph Factor

I am finishing 21 days of fasting and praying (more fasting than praying) that we embark upon the first of every year. And each year that I fast I thank God that He speaks to me about me. This year He spoke to me through Amos 6 and showed me that my pride was keeping me from advancing in my life. And I thank Him for that. Then I got to thinking about Joseph.

God showed me something in a dream a couple months ago and it was related to a grant I wrote for an organization. Then one of the volunteers for the organization confirmed the dream by saying exactly what God showed me. Because God confirmed it, I was expecting it to come to pass, but it hasn't. At least not yet. And for the past few days I've been asking God why? Why hasn't it come to pass.

Then I thought about Joseph.

Joseph dreamed a dream.....TWICE!

He was 17 when God showed him his life in a dream....TWICE!!!

The dream did not come to pass.......

....until he was 30 years old.

Joseph had to wait until all the pride that had been built up in him was removed and in his humility, the dream was fulfilled.

I was filled with pride. That's why God spoke to me last year and then I had the dream this year, but NOTHING. I was too filled with pride. So, I needed to humble myself and make sure that that spirit is broken off my life. When I think about it my family is proud. The Bible calls them long necks. Just haughty--high above everyone else. So that generational curse is being broken off my like and I thank God for that.

I thank God for showing me me!! God is great like that!!

The dream will come to pass because God is NOT a man that He should lie, nor that son of man that He should repent. He said it and it will come to pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...