Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Are You Mad @ Me?

That's what my neighbor asked me.  Basically, I hadn't answered her call or text, so she thought I was mad at her.  I was just in the shower and didn't know she called at all.  And when I responded it was short and sweet.

Background....

My neighbor goes to church with me and since we live close to each other, she rides with me to church.  She also borrows my car a lot which I don't mind because if I'm working my car is just sitting at home. And the weather has been brutal so riding the bus or walking has not been a favorable option.  So, she asks me, sometimes more than once a day to borrow my car.  Sometimes I get a little.....for no reason at all.  I guess it's because if I need to use my car, I can't if she has it or I guess I also wonder how many times a person really needs to go to Kroger.  Why not just get everything in once visit.  But, then again, she doesn't work, so I guess sometimes just getting out is good.  At any rate, I have absolutely NO REASON AT ALL to be bothered.  She fills my car with gas and she's back when she says she's coming back.

But, it bothered me when she asked me if I was upset and I had to think.....

This reminds me of me?

I told her that this is the enemy putting thoughts in her head because I have ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO BE MAD AT HER and I wasn't.  So, she conjured up in her brain that since she was constantly asking me, that it was a bother to me and I would be mad at her for some reason.

This is something that I would think.  As a matter of fact, I was thinking this same thing the other day.

There is a lot of paper work for my job--A LOT!! And for some reason I KEEP messing up simple things like transposing numbers or leaving the date off a form or not signing a form.  Just simple mistakes and it has frustrated me because I should not be making these simple mistakes.  No one else makes these mistakes and most of the time I don't notice them at all.  So in my mind I was thinking that I was going to be fired and I started praying that I not be fired.

This situation with my neighbor actually made me see how God must see me, "WHAT, fired?  Why would I give you a job and then turn around and fire you?"  God is not thinking evil of me!! So, I have to stop allowing the devil to create stories in my head of my demise.

"I know the thoughts I have towards you saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not evil to bring you to an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...