Friday, March 21, 2014

The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave

I got to attend a military graduation on yesterday.  I was so happy.  This lady that goes to my church (who used to be my neighbor), her son was graduating from the Army basic training in Fort Leonard Wood, Mo. He invited me to attend the graduation because I tutored him last summer to help him pass the test to get into the military.

One reason I wanted to go was because he invited me and the other reason I wanted to go was because I can remember when I was in college and I wanted my family to attend my graduation and for a moment no one was going to be able to come.  My mom didn't have a car and the relationship with my grandmother wasn't the best, so it looked like I was going to be spending graduation alone.  But, then they showed up and I was so happy.

So, it was a pleasure to drive eight hours (round trip) to see him and hang out with him.  He had family day on Wednesday and graduation on Thursday.  He said that one of his friends's family drove 12 hours to be there!!!  I would have done the same.

Relationships are so important and my goal is to work on my relationships!!

He told us all the stories about his drill sergeants and what they had to go through.  I can only imagine.

Anyway, I am happy for him and happy that I was able to provide the transportation and means to get there to celebrate with him!!

Army Strong. Hooah!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...