Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Unhappily Married

My sister got married three years ago in 2011. However, her life and the marriage has been going downhill since them. So, now she wants OUT!!

 She has been using her maiden name for everything and I told her that this is illegal and she just doesn't understand. The job she has now she used her maiden name. She got stopped by the police and she gave her DL with her maiden name. She said she's not using her married name because her license was suspended. So that means that she is driving illegally.

 I told her that she is going to cause a lot of trouble doing that because that is technically identity theft. I tried to explain to her that when she got married and changed her name, she is no longer a C****. She is a FELTON. Her SSN is now associated with FELTON, not C****, by using C****, she is causing trouble for herself. So I gave her money to get her license renewed.

 The other problem is that she had me to file her taxes for the last 3 years. So, I told that since she is married, the only filing status that she can file is married filing jointly or married filing separately and since MFS is a really bad status, it is good to file jointly. The issue is her husband went to jail in 09/2012 (he was committed to IDOC at that time. I'm not sure how long he was in the county) so because of that, she HAS to file married for 2011 and 2012 (because he wasn't in jail more than 6 months). I was looking up info on taxes and incarcerated spouse because I was sure that even though he was in jail the whole year of 2013, I still don't think she can file single. The other issue is that he owes back child support. I told her that since her husband owes child support they will take the refund and in that case, she will need to file as an innocent spouse. She got upset because sure enough the IRS sent a letter saying that the money will go to back child support.

I'm sad for her because she's dug a whole for herself and now she wants to get out, but when you are married, you are married and the only way to NOT be married is to go through the courts and GET A DIVORCE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...