Saturday, March 22, 2014

I'm More Concerned About Healthcare Cost Than My Health

It's a total shame!!!

I went to the ER this morning because I broke my toe.  Not just hit it, but I broke it. It was leaning to the side and I could not walk AT ALL.  I did a quick search for broken toe on the internet and it said that if the toe is crooked, they may have to reset it.  My toe was leaning to the side towards my baby toe--not straight at all, so I went to the ER.  I was gonna call my insurance company to see what hospital I needed to go to, but it took me so long to scooch down the stairs and hop to my car that I didn't want to have to try to get back up the stairs to get my cell phone.  So, I just picked a hospital and I went.  This was an emergency. I NEEDED to go.  I was hesitant, but I needed to go.



I was hesitant because I've been told that when you break a toe there is nothing they can do for it, but since it was crooked and the pain was excruciating to try to walk on it, I went.

They took X-rays and the doctor showed me my bone that was broken in my 4th toe.  He explained to me what I already knew and the nurse taped it up (horribly) and gave me a boot to put on.  This is a pic of what the nurse did.  My toe is leaning to the right why not tape it to the left so that it can heal straight?



I hobbled out of the ER and went to CVS to get my own tape and gauze.  It cost me less than $5. I know the ER visit will be WWWWAAAAAYYYYYY  more than that.  This is a pic of how I taped my toe. Basic first aid....




Another reason I was hesitant was because of the bills.

I AM TRYING TO GET OUT OF DEBT!!! I WANT TO BE OUT OF DEBT SO BADLY!!!!

I don't need any extra bills and I know the minute you go to the ER and they take you back, there is a bill for over $1000.  Then there will be a bill from the radiology department and they will probably charge me for the tape and the ride in the wheel chair.  UGH!!

So, I got home and looked up my insurance and sure enough--THE HOSPITAL I WENT TO WAS NOT IN MY NETWORK!!!!

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!

It's a shame when I have to be so concerned about how to pay the bill that I am stressed.  When did health care get this bad.

The Bible talks about money being the root of all evil. Our healthcare system is pure evil.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...