Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I'd Rather Be A Good #2

I'd rather be a good #2 than a # 1 who is unfit--Prophet Luther McKinstry....

I was listening to the man of God teach in Bible study tonight and this is what he said, and it made a lot of sense, "I'd rather be a good #2 than a #1 who is unfit or a #1 who fails." He was talking about vision and how in life we have different assignments, but only one purpose.  Our assignments have a due date--a deadline, but there is no expiration on our purpose.  Our purpose can last and last and last....Take Jesus for instance, Jesus died on the cross a long, long, long time ago, but his purpose of dying was so that men would "not perish, but have every lasting life." He also talked about King David and how he had an assignment to kill Goliath, but his purpose was to be king and David was one of the greatest kings.

I then thought out modern day....Martin Luther King....his assignment was the march on Washington, but his purpose is still alive today--civil rights for all--black, white, purple, red, etc.

So, even after a person dies, their purpose still lives on.....THAT'S POWERFUL!!!

He then began to speak about knowing your place. Many people want to be #1--up front, on stage with their name in the lights, but everyone was not meant to be #1.  Number 2 is just as good as #1 because without #2, #1 wouldn't make it....He talked about David and Jonathan. Jonathan was the king's son, but it was David's destiny to be on the throne.

He closed with this passage of scripture and I'm sure I read it, I just didn't have the revelation of it until now...

The trees set out one day to anoint a king for themselves. 
   They said to Olive Tree, "Rule over us." 
   But Olive Tree told them, "Am I no longer good for making oil 
   That gives glory to gods and men, and to be demoted to waving over trees?" 
 The trees then said to Fig Tree, "You come and rule over us." 
   But Fig Tree said to them, "Am I no longer good for making sweets, 
   My mouthwatering sweet fruits, and to be demoted to waving over trees?" 
 The trees then said to Vine, "You come and rule over us." 
   But Vine said to them, "Am I no longer good for making wine, 
   Wine that cheers gods and men, and to be demoted to waving over trees?" 
 All the trees then said to Tumbleweed, "You come and reign over us." 
   But Tumbleweed said to the trees: "If you're serious about making me your king, 
   Come and find shelter in my shade. But if not, let fire shoot from Tumbleweed 
      and burn down the cedars of Lebanon!" Judges 9:8-15



The Olive Tree, Fig Tree, and the Vine all knew their purpose....but the Tumbleweed.....The tumbleweed doesn't even have branches, how in the world can it rule over the other trees and provide shade?  The tumbleweed wanted to be #1, but was unfit...

I'D RATHER BE A GOOD #2 THAN AN UNFIT #1!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...