Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Journey Up: Integrity

For a long time I didn't know what this word meant.  I looked it up, but didnt' understand it. I'd often hear it associated with character, but I was still a little confused about that....

It wasn't until a couple of years ago when I got it...a light bulb came on.  My Pastor was teaching he simply said, "Your talent will get you in the door, but your character will keep you there."  I got it...basically, it doesn't matter how gifted or talented you are....what matters more are your morals, values, attitude, how you treat others.....So, I began associating this with integrity, but that still wasn't quite it. I know, I know...I'm educated....have a Master's degree, but I was never taught integrity or what it meant....

I've heard about it, but was never TAUGHT about it or HOW TO HAVE IT!!

to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...