Wednesday, August 10, 2011

THANK GOD FOR MY NEW JOB

On July 23 I saw and ad for a part-time Adult Education teacher at the community college. The deadline to apply was July 25. On July 25 I emailed my resume and transcript to HR right before 5pm. The email didn't go through, so I mailed it to the HR director. It didn't go through. By then it was 5pm and the office was closed. I didn't have time to drive way out to the college to turn the paperwork in until about a week later on August 3. I explained that I tried to email it by the deadline and I forgot to print off the email delivery message that stated that it didn't go through. The secretary stated that she would turn it in and explain.

I thought getting that job was a long shot especially since I've gotten more rejection letters. So, imagine my surprise when I got a call from the college this morning. When the number came up on the caller ID I was a little baffled at first. Jenny, the director, who knows me from the time I worked there about 5 years ago simply asked me my availability. I told her that I was available anytime. She said ok and told me should would call me back.

I got a call back later in the afternoon asking if I can come in tomorrow to see my classroom.

YAY!!! I told her that I would be there at 8am. I also have to fill out HR paperwork, but I've got the job. I don't know when I start, but I'm excited!!!

THANK GOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...