Monday, August 29, 2011

Following Directions

I have gotten good at following directions and instructions--of course there are some times when I "know what I'm doing" and I mess screw something up, but for the most part, following the order of something step by step is what I like to do so that I don't make a mistake. Because of this, I teach and instruct in steps. Step 1... Step 2... Step 3..., etc.

I was a little inquisitive when only 2 of my 6 students followed the steps, one at a time. Did I explain the assignment correctly and good enough? Did anyone read what I had type out as the instructions?

I'm not sure!?

So, I just let it be. We'll see how their assignments turn out on Tuesday because I don't teach again until Tuesday, Sept 6. The college will be closed for the next two days because of the Farm Progress Show. I'm happy, but I don't have any money and I need to do laundry. I NEED TO DO LAUNDRY, BADLY!!!

I have no clean clothes and I'm running out of underwear.

I did get a chance to clean yesterday. I cleaned the living room and I started on the kitchen. I finished cleaning out my refrigerator. Now I need to mop the floor and wipe down the cabinets.

After cleaning the kitchen, I'm gonna tackle my laundry. I'm not gonna be able to wash anything because I don't have money for the laundromat, but I will prepare my clothes which usually includes separating and putting stain cleaner and baking soda on the underarms of my shirts. I don't know why, but my regular detergent doesn't clean the deodorant off well and if I don't use baking soda, I get ugly yellow stains from my sweat on the underarms of my shirts.

After tackling my laundry, I'm gonna work on my closet. I have one closet where I have things shoved in there on the closet floor. I can't keep things that way.

This will be my cleaning regime this week. I hope to have the whole house clean by the time I go back to work on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...