Monday, June 20, 2016

You Are Killing Yourself

I started this recovery journey in January. In March I found out that I'm suffering from Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, an autoimmune disorder. As I been studying this I found out that autoimmune is when the immune system not only goes after foreign invaders--bacteria, viruses, etc.), but it starts to turn on it's own team--friendly fire or maybe going rogue is a better example. It starts to attack the bodies organs in different ways. So my immune system is attacking my thyroid. My T4 and T3 were okay--on the border, but okay. But, I had antibodies when my blood was tested.

Why does the body attack itself?

I've been thinking and thinking about this and my doctor is trying to find the origin. Some of my other hormones that have been affect is progesterone and cortisol. They are really low so we have being doing things to remedy these--taking progesterone cream at night and herbs to improve my cortisol during the day. But despite all of that, we needed to get to the bottom of this thyroid issue. If we can find the root and address that, we can pull it up from the root. So my doctor wants me to do a test for heavy metals. I haven't done the test yet because I've spent about $1000 so far and I still wanna buy a home so I need to slow down a bit. But, I'm gonna do it.

After thinking about all of this, I know that everything we go through is spiritual, I began thinking about how I've treated my body over the years. I haven't been so good to me. Is this the reason for my physical malady: me attacking my own body?

I've eaten badly for a few years and I've had numerous sexual partners (I think about 25-30) throughout my lifetime and this is not good. There are some people who have slept with one person their entire life. I've been around the block more than once or twice. I'm not proud of that, but it is possible that because of the abuse I've done to my own self, physically, I am experiencing the ramifications.

So how to we repair all of this?

I've been eating better, I've been working out and I've only slept with one man since 2012. I've only slept with 2 men since 2010 and right now I'm getting the last of toxic relationships our of my life.

I know it's gonna take time for my body to repair and recovery, but I have to do my part and that's what I'm doing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...