Friday, April 29, 2016

Why Would You Attack Yourself?

2016, a year of double for me....a year of recovery for me!

I have been active in my recovery....recovery in my finances, my health, my spirit, my mind, my entire being. One of the things that I've been working on is my health. I went to the doctor in February and there were all types of test run. I'm still waiting on my results from my stool and saliva samples (GROSS), but I got the results from my blood test. It's not different from the test I had in 2012 when the doctor told me I was fine.  No, I'm not fine. I have a goiter and nodules on my thyroid. How is that fine?  So my new doctor did all the thyroid test and my TPO test was abnormally high, still. In 2012, it was 263 and in 2016 it was 241. The normal range is 0-34. I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto Thyroiditis.  This is an autoimmune disease. Our immune system is supposed to protect us; when we get a foreigner inside our body, our immune system goes to work, it attacks that invader whether it's a bacteria, virus, fungus and it works to eliminate it. However, sometimes the immune system gets confused and it attacks the wrong thing--friendly fire. With autoimmune, the immune system attacks the body.

Why would that happen?

I mean, I understand collateral damage, when I take antibiotics, sometimes the good bacteria is killed with the bad bacteria, but why would my body attack itself?

I LOVE ME? So why attack myself? Who does that? Who destroys themselves? This is evil!!

This is the reason for my recovery!!!

Over the years I have not treated my body well. I ate badly--WAY TOO MUCH SUGAR, and I didn't keep up with my fitness routine, I was highly promiscuous....it wasn't good. So my body is attacking me, like I was doing. Now I have to heal. And by the GRACE of GOD I am healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...