Friday, April 29, 2016

My HEALTHY Uterus

I was pretty weepy on last Friday. I had my annual exam and it didn't go well. Well, the exam went well, but the results weren't favorable.

Background...

In 2011, I woke up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain. I had THE WORST CRAMPS EVER. I started popping pills. I had to, the pain was so unbearable that I could barely see. Every six hours, I was taking tylenol for about a week. This happened for about 3 months. I would pray to God because at this time I didn't have health insurance. One day while in church the speaker was speaking and he said, "Some of you are popping pills and won't believe that God will heal you...." At that very moment lifted up my hand and said to God, "I thank you for healing me, in Jesus name." And that was it. I didn't experience anymore pain, just normal cramps.

I didn't know what was wrong with my, but I knew it involved my reproductive organs. I had a friend who had the same issue and she elected to get a hysterectomy. I didn't want to do that. I want children.  I had a IUD in place from 2004 to 2012. In 2015 during my annual exam my doctor noticed a fibroid. She said it seemed to be about golf ball size. She asked me if I had heavy bleeding or really bad cramps. I told her that I didn't. Actually, my periods were the most normal that it has ever been. So she said, we would just watch it to see if it gets larger.

This year I went to my exam and she noticed that my uterus was enlarged. So we did an ultrasound.....multiple fibroids was the diagnosis.  When I asked the technician how many she said, "Well......" This didn't sound good, "When a woman has this many we usually watch the three largest," One was 6 cm, 4cm, and then a little smaller than that.

OMG....I was trying to stay calm.

When I left there I was weepy. I didn't know what to do. I had to talk to myself, but I was freaking out. What does this mean? Will I be able to have children? Will this turn to cancer? Will this get worse?

I was praying to God to help me because I didn't want to freak out. It's not good to make decisions when you are emotional and I was really emotional. I needed some relief. I went to get a bottle or wine and I was going to call Mister. I needed to talk to someone....

Instead I called Tonya. She talked to me and encouraged me. She said that she had a fibroid and that she prayed and it shrunk.

So, I remembered in 2011 when I prayed. The fibroids were probably growing then, but who knows. Also, the fibroids could have grown after the IUD was removed. There is no way to tell, but now I need God's healing power again.

I can't help but think that all the years of promiscuity is catching up with me. God can't be mocked, when we sow to our flesh, we reap in our flesh, but thank God that the reaping doesn't last always. It's been yeas since those wild days. Actually, when I think about it, I've only had sex with 2 men since 2010---Mister and Coach. And I'm working on myself--staying pure. So, this is recovery time for me. I'm just going to stand on the word of God and get through this....

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...