Friday, September 18, 2015

I've Been Preapproved, But I'm Not Buying A House

Here is the story....

My credit score is 637, but my personal bank would not approve me because they wanted me score to be 640. I've been trying for a year to get my score up and it hasn't budged. Basically, I don't have any debt besides my student loan and my monthly payments are not enough to raise it significantly. So I applied for a loan though a different channel--The Lender's Network. From there Quicken Loans called me and Nations Lending Corporation called me. I completed the application, turned in all my stuff and I was approved. However, I ignored the fine print. Both companies approved me for $75,000, but they will not allow me to purchase below that amount.

What????

Yep, because these companies are not banks, they won't make money on a loan that is below $75,000. I explained to the supervisor that the house that I want is $44,000 and it will be my first home so I don't want to make a huge purchase. She sympathized with me and explained to me how I could raise my credit.

Basically, if I get a secured credit card, make a purchase less than 30% of the maximum limit, pay that balance and then keep a $10 balance, my score would raise.

OMG

I have to go into debt to get into debt.

Dag.

I DON'T WANT A CREDIT CARD!!  UGH!!

So, I've been praying and praying. I really want to purchase a home, but maybe this isn't the correct time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...